The ASSOCIATION OF ISLAMIC CHARITABLE PROJECTS (AICP) has the following objectives:
- To research, design and implement religious programs and initiatives that promote and support the teachings of Islam.
- To issue Islamic rulings and to collaborate in delivering services for matters ranging from the performance of Hajj to Islamic festivals, marriage and divorce, burials, Halal food requirements, and the like.
- To establish and operate religious teaching facilities, and to take measures to provide the desired human resources needed to meet the Muslim community’s religious teaching needs and demands.
- To conduct high quality research on religious and cultural trends in the Australian Muslim community, and to publish guidebooks, reports and papers in order to better inform community developers and organisers.
- To train a new generation of young Muslim thinkers and leaders, through mentoring and leadership development.
- To run media services such as community radio broadcasting, and to deal with media outlets in order to clarify and relay the concepts of Islam in accordance with the Association’s mainstream Muslim path.
- To build community networks that urge Muslims to assist each other and that facilitate their cooperation in matters beneficial to society.